Monday, August 24, 2009

Another Episode of Good Idea, Bad Idea

Day 8,

I made it into Megaton, but Mr. Simms confiscated all of my stuff, except my clothes. I'm writing on a random sheet of paper I caught floating in the breeze. Simms won't give me back my stuff until I've proven that I was well mannered, and he said that he's had way too many refugees, and the shady looking man in shades, whom I suspect to be Devs, earned his housing by doing a job. I'm pretty sure that he didn't get his stuff taken when he came in, but I already have plans on what to do. He said something about the bomb not being disarmed, so I have a plan. I'm going to use Birch's Sap to grow plants into the nuke. I used to do this to frag mines I've set in order to disarm them in case I need to use them again. If I'm right, the roots of the new plants will seep into the bomb, immediately neutralizing the arming mechanism

I'm probably going to do this tomorrow, and Cromwell, some psycho praising the bomb, said if a plant could beat the bomb, he'd convert to being a treeminder. I have 8,000, 000 caps on it, saying that he prays to the bomb even though I disarmed it. Oh well, it's not like it matters. After I found a few books saying 'The Holy Book' and 'The Bible' all over some ruined church, I'm interested in this 'God'. Perhaps he's the reason there are the Children of Atom and Treeminders. I think he comes in many forms and the Nuclear Holocaust was his 'reset button' for the planet. Maybe he got fed up with humans, and figured they needed to start from the beginning. I'll ponder this some other time, but I need to find some sheet metal to sleep under.

OH! I almost forgot, there are slavers crawling all over the place. I need to lie low, or they might recognize me and take me back to Paradise Falls. Lucky me, though, Squirrel taught me all of his tricks. Plus, I overheard someone talking about the 'Temple of the Union', some place for escaped slaves. Plus, Simms said that if I disarm the bomb, I'll get my own house here.

~Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment