Monday, August 31, 2009

What's Going on?

This is extensively strange. I don't understand anything going on at all! It's like, one minute I'm me, then another minute I'm someone else. I share a memory with this other... presence, and I'm still trying to work out what's going on. I finally realized a few things too. I had a few holotapes saved in my memory banks, from James. He was saying that he was going to use his old Memory Drive from his lab computer, since he was on a shortage of parts. The reason he dropped me off in Oasis is the fact that he hoped I'd never learn of what I truly am. This changes everything. I need to find out where he is so I can ask a few questions. Devs can handle himself, but I heard a few things from a couple of Big Town refugees that he's been up to some bad things. I think he might accidentally steal the thing I'm looking for. A few people have been giving me things for my trip back, I have a new wasteland engineered outfit, a hunting rifle with 6 shots, and a couple of spiked knuckles. I should have left today, but Red, the Big Town medic/engineer is working on a few upgrades. She's making me taller and giving me some artificial hair follicles so no one will recognize me. As soon as she's done, I'm on my way to Megaton. Someone has to do something about the slavers, and Devs and I share a hatred. I hear he has a camera too, so I need to make sure he doesn't take any pictures of me.

I think Red is finishing up with my facial reconstruction, so she's moving onto-- Wow that's tingly. She separated my abdomen. Oh, and if this matters, this is a holotape too. I no longer need to write or speak. I can think and it'll save some sort of text document that can be uploaded to any Vault-Tec Terminal and viewed like anything else. This is actually kinda fun, because if I talk it records that too. I have my vocal receptors turned off for the procedure, but it doesn't mean I know that. I can try to make sound, and my mouth, or whatever i should call it now, will move but no sound will call out. I have a whole new body now that I think of it. I don't really want to get my mind wiped, so I don't have to meet this man in Rivet City. I have some extremely awesome reflexes now that my.. what should I call it? My cell blocker has kept from my abilities, and now I can jump onto buildings without trying. Those slavers are in for a big surprise. I just hope Devs is up for it. What will I do then, though? Live a regular life? Not happening. I'll probably find random jobs to do. Then again, there's still this matter about my dad too.

Next to that, I've still got to come up with a new name. What shall I be called? Red threw around a few suggestions. Harkness, Dave, Shorty, and The Replicated Man. The last one sounds more like a super hero name, but Dave doesn't sound too bad. I'll never really get my mind wiped, but maybe I'll get Red's AI package that can make me forget like a regular person, but I'll never forget everything. I have to leave though, Red's gonna download a few new files.

Loggin' out.. whatever my name is now


[Can I please have feedback? It kind of sounds like I'm begging, but I noticed I either have 3 viewers or one person who views a few times a day. I would really appreciate feedback on if you like where my story is going, or if you want me to change direction. After my story gets to where it gets, I'll be fresh out of ideas. Drugs being illegal, I'll also be out of inspiration. I would appreciate, also, knowing exactly how many viewers I have. Whether regular or getting in the groove, just send me an email or post a comment when you visit.]

No comments:

Post a Comment