Monday, August 17, 2009

Exile

Day 1,


My name is Jonathen, but people just call me Jay. I've been searching around for some sort of wire, but I came across this old journal. I tore out the pages that already had writing in them, just a bunch of notes talking about "The New Church". Well, as ironic as this is, I need to keep from straying into insanity, so I'm going to write in this book like I'm talking to someone else. Who knows, maybe I'll find a terminal or holotape for easier access.

Just the other day, some wanderer came waltzing right into our Oasis. Sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself. I have always lived there along with the other Treeminders. The Great One has always been trying to tell us about how he no longer wishes to live. Everyone has been wondering about how to figure this puzzle out, when along comes some stranger. They simply let him walk in, they didn't shoot him or question him. He walked right over to me before doing anything, probably realizing that I was the youngest, and asked me if I wanted to leave this place and come travel the wastes. He told me his name, and strangely it was the same as mine. I turned down his offer, even though he insisted that I wear this weird collar and join him on adventures. He told me that I'd regret defying him, so I slipped some extra sedatives in the sap he had to drink.

Next thing I know, he convinced our leader to exile me, and in turn all of the Treeminders around me held up their assault rifles, aiming for my face. I had to rush out in order to make it to the gate before I was shot. I saw a couple of my old friends running towards this old shopping center with strange collars on, a lot like the ones that John guy tried to put on me. I noticed him holding this weird gun, and the next thing I knew, I was in some strange cage with a bunch of 8 year olds! I'm 15 and they throw me in a pen with a bunch of brats because of my height? Well, just my luck, there was a kid there that was really good with computers. He found an old terminal in our quarters and all he needs is someone to sneak into the head slaver's house and connect his terminal to the main one.

I was rummaging around in my mattress, and I found this book, so I guess this is all I have. Well, I have to be going, I think Squirrel (The computer kid) needs me to come help him with his fungus growing. He makes these strange plants grow that, when mixed with the right herbs from my stash, can eat through a bucket full of dirt in mere minutes. Too bad the front gate has a cement foundation, or we could break out sooner.

~Jonathen

No comments:

Post a Comment