Saturday, August 22, 2009

Race Against Time

Day 6,


I'm changing the way I travel. Squirrel is walking along this ditch with a huge bag of electronics we scavenged from the terminal, and I'm not carrying anything, yet we have to stop every now and then because I'm falling behind. I need to exercise some if I'm ever going to live out here. I could've sworn I saw a giant scorpion while we were walking a while ago, and I mean bigger than a regular Radscorpion. It looked like it was guarding some sort of refrigerator, but that's just crazy. What would a scorpion want with Nuka-Cola?

We're still following that Devs guy, because now I'm sure we're heading towards Megaton. Squirrel gave my PDA the operating system from a Pip-Boy. I don't know where he got it, but he says there are a lot where he comes from. We had to split up our group a while ago, because his home is in the other direction. He marked Megaton and Little Lamplight on my PDA, so if I ever want to go see him, I can just follow my PDA. He told me to look out for 'mungos', but I think he was referring to adults. Before leaving, he handed me a big bag full of the cards my PDA uses to store vocal and picture references. I should now be able to record ~100 hours of sound, and take ~10000 pictures. I might not need to soon, but he also told me how to make my own data cards. He said that I need to take Holotapes apart and take out the recording system in it, and then put that into any terminal operating system chip. I plug that into my PDA, and, instantly, I got recording capabilities. Now I see what I've been missing as a Treeminder. I can also use the makeshift data card as a portable memory drive. He told me to search for some terminal like the one at Paradise Falls in a place called 'The Brass Lantern'. It's supposed to have a program I can use to hack into any computer. That will be helpful.

I hope that someone finds my journal, so that this story can be told to the world. That would be nice. It's not that bad out in the wasteland. Any time I run into some wild animal, instead of attacking me, they befriend me. Sometimes if a Radscorpion attacks me, they'll fight them for me. That's good, because I don't have any weapons. I got held up by a Raider and they stole everything I had except my PDA and my clothes. I had set up camp, so my journal and my data cards were safely hidden. I wonder what happened to the dog John was talking about. I haven't seen it around Devs, so maybe it's been walking further away. When I catch up with him I should ask him what happened with his dog.

Here are some pictures I've taken of the surrounding wasteland,



A dead pack Brahmin, scavenged some knuckles from itThe scorpion I saw

The humble view from where I'm writing



No comments:

Post a Comment