Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Give my regards to Ellen de Groot

Day 3,

I've been reading this book I scrounged up and somewhere along the lines of Chapter Nine it talks about how these people were exiled, much like me, from their hometowns and would communicate with hidden messages. They would put down on the bottom "Give my regards to Ellen de Groot," which, in their language, could be switched around. The Nazis would censor some messages about how they were living in these labor camps, and 'ellende' in their language meant 'misery' and 'groot' meant 'terrible'. Since the Nazis didn't speak their language, they could pass the message 'terrible misery' without the Nazis noticing. I find it somewhat clever, and I think I could learn a bit from these 'Jews'. I guess being Jewish is a lot like being a Treeminder, some sort of religion. I think I'll try to make my own private language when I get out of this dump.


Good news! Number 1, I found out that other kid's name. He wouldn't tell me, so Squirrel told me to call him Sammy. Number 2, some idiot slaver dropped his weapon that they use to convince people into putting on slave collars, and I turned on him. I managed to get him to connect our pen's terminal to the main network, and we turned off our collars. Now, the only thing standing in our way is a guard named 'Forty'. What an interesting name, but I guess it's normal for a slaver. Squirrel's present he was going to give me needed a few parts from the weapon, so I guess we can't use it on Forty. Maybe, if we're lucky, someone will end up disturbing the peace so that we can escape without notice. I also saw someone rig a few explosives on this... cylindrical tube, I guess, that has a door. Apparently someone is going to go in there and get executed, most likely. Maybe then we can get out and find some sort of tiny opening that will help us out of here.

Our flowers that eat through dirt are grown, and, when it's daylight, will eat a tunnel into our neighboring slave pen. I hope it gets finished soon, because I heard that there's a sewer tunnel leading into some sort of experimentation chamber. They say that there are zombies in there, but I'm the only one Small enough to fit in, except for the kids, but I wouldn't put them through that. They could get killed! I found a small map of Megaton in Squirrel's mattress, along with some sort of brochure for a place called "Lamplight Caverns". It says 'Squirrel' on the back, so I think it's his, but I can't talk to him about it or he'll know I was snooping in his mattress. Penny was sold off to some man named 'Alistair Tenpenny' so I don't think she'll be able to help us at all. She's still here, but she gets to wander through Paradise Falls without penalty. Only thing is, she can only sleep on the dirt, and isn't allowed indoors.


I have to go now, if Forty finds out I'm staying up late, he won't hesitate to sell me to the next industrialized fool from 'The Commonwealth'.

~Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment